Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Realizations

1)Talking to a friend the other night made me realize something.I had never put this feeling into words but it has been with me a long time. I could wake up a year from now and say Goodbye to everyone in my life and be fine. It makes me sound like a shallow friend but really I can't wait for that day. Not because I don't love the people in my life, just my passion for new places is barely containable. Most people couldn't do that, or it would be really hard, but I look forward to it. I can scarcely wait. The day I say, "I am leaving tomorrow will be the best of my life."
2)Today during Bible my teacher was talking about expectations and expectancy and the difference between them. She used the example of a bride, waiting in a back room to walk down the aisle. She's feeling beautiful and really nervous. She's nervous because of him *expectancy.* No bride is thinking O I hope he doesn't embarrass me or I hope he doesn't kiss me weird which would be expectations. Things in life should be the same way. My mother says that I live by the seat of my pants, moment to moment. That's the way I prefer it but I never knew why I just knew that's the way I wanted it. But my realization is that I live that way because quick impetuous decisions doesn't allow for expectations. It doesn't give me time to formulate them therefore I am never disappointed and always surprised. What better way to live?
3)The word dating doesn't mean what we think it means. According to definition everybody on Earth has dated many many times sometimes multiple people at the same time, guys and girls. I have dated so many times but never had a boyfriend. So what's the word for the part of a relationship when you are hanging out to see if you want to make it official? Even couples I have talked to have called it dating. But that's a definition we have given as a culture. So what's the real word?

No comments: