Monday, April 5, 2010
I am not kidding
17! No joke! 17, somehow I never pictured myself seventeen years old. For years it seemed so far away and to get to seventeen I would have to get past some really huge stuff! Like highschool, my parents, Driver's Ed, drivers training, Driver's test, finding a car all of these things had to happen before I turned 17. And now here I am 17 years old. In books and movies seventeen was old and exciting! In real life its big exciting and ... old (lol). It takes my breath away to think that I have one year, one year before all the things I have been dreaming of these past four years I can finally make happen. One more year before my dad says I will fall on my face. One more year before I have to pay bills, get a job, hopefully find somewhere else to live. I have one more year to prepare, learn all I can, save up as much as I can. This year though is going to be great! Intense! Important! I can finally say it! I am 17! Maybe I should go ask my mom if I will make it till 18 before I get to excited about anything
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You can make things happen now, too. Life doesn't start when you graduate. Life is being lived, loved, forgotten, lost, hoped for... all around us. I sure don't want to miss anything because I wasted my time being impatient and discontented. Let's enjoy having little responsibility and being able to waste gas and sticking heads out the sun roof, and being exhausted at the end of the day because it was so fun. The days of intense responsibility, scrimping for gas in a car that... umm, what's a sunroof?, and being exhausted because you worked from eight to five and had to come home and cook dinner for your family... those days will come soon enough. So, let's enjoy NOW, Ry. Love you.
Post a Comment