Saturday, March 13, 2010

Refilled my tank

So many people are stuck in the rut of how we are "supposed" to live our lives. So many people are missing the good things in life. Cold face. Toasty warm. Crayon blue sky shading into a navy. A spread of gorgeous stars. Clear thoughts. Peaceful relaxation. These things transformed the scariest hours of the night into a refreshing refill. If every weekend I slept under the stars I don't see how Mondays could be that awful. But of course I didn't get to sleep under the stars because an adult that has somewhere along the last forty years forgotten what life is all about told me that if I didn't obey and stay inside like a normal child I would be in "big trouble." So I woke up Alyssa dragged her and our nest of pillows and blankets out of the bed of the truck back into the house. Something I realized tonight while enjoying the stars, "The stars serve no purpose. No one will ever get to see them up close. God made them for exactly this reason. For us to enjoy them."

1 comment:

Lyss. said...

you didn't drag me. I walked :)

Glad Jesus' breathtaking stars refilled your tank.